PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - E-Exams Roadshow, one day to respond!
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2020, 21:09
B61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree completely with beagles last paragraph. So much so that I suggested to the CAA presenter that 21st century reality is faced - the question bank will be out there on a subscription website or a commercially available Q&A book within months. Therefore I suggested that 75% of the questions be published in a CAP (along with the LO number!!) and a textbook reference and put on the CAA website. The question bank merchants who read nothing else would need to have 100% recall to pass an exam. Anyone else can practice their knowledge in advance. Or even a 50% sample, this is already done in places like Canada.

It does not matter where someone has learned a fact or essential knowledge from a textbook, instructor, or knowing the answer to a question. If they know for example that the stall happens at the critical angle of attack and what that is, they know something essential.

It also means if they come to you asking the reason for an answer, you can check to see if they have actually read anything beforehand !!

I don't know why "pairing" or combining exams was rejected? With all the IT work involved, it would be much simpler if we had just two or three exams. Or why not just one, as in North America ( or your driving test, for that matter). I would rather see a broad range of knowledge shown all together (which is what happens in the Skill Test) than intensively revised fragments, as we have now.

I challenge anyone to point to the reference in the EU 1178 document which says there MUST be 9 separate exams. The only reference with regards to Examination(s) (note the use of singular and plural) is that there must be no more than 120 questions.