PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukrainian Aircraft down in Iran
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2020, 15:37
Lonewolf_50

Received 408 Likes on 254 Posts
Originally Posted by AnglianAV8R
Hold on cowboy ! It just might be the case that the investigators need to confirm that the downing of the aircraft by a missile is the ONLY issue in the downing of the aircraft. Bear in mind that there have been some very sensible questions raised about possible issues before the hit. Until these questions are clarified NOTHING "is just debris".
Not sure why you think someone whose location is listed as Hyderabad, India is a cowboy, ... but I think you are right in advocating for a thorough investigation which may shed light on issues related to the accident.
Which issues do you feel most need answering?
Could you list your top 5 things related to what may be found in the wreckage - now that the ultimate factor, accidental missile launch, is confirmed - that you feel may be contributing factors? While the CVR and FDR may hold some revelations in systems performance, or lack thereof, facts which are to date unknown, those boxes have been declared as found. (And I'll guess useful/readable)

I'll offer a few things that I think may be of interest to those operating in this region that are probably outside the scope of a material investigation angle:
  1. Any change in insurability?
  2. Alerts, risk assessments and decisions in airspace over areas where tensions ratchet up.
  3. Given that there was traffic (departures) before this event, what kind of warning or notification would have led to the crew doing something different? (I take it as a given that most airline companies have little to no way to change how a local military does things)
Mr Rooney's link from a few posts up: http://www.b737.org.uk/images/antennalocations_ng.gif