PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukrainian Aircraft down in Iran
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2020, 18:36
andrasz

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RTM Boy
Or quickly removed the launch equipment, keep schtum, deny everything, like MH17. It would not be the first time such a mistake has happened - not least Iran Air 655 which showed incompetence in a supposedly sophisticated US naval force. Why would you be surprised that Iranian government forces that you strangely appear to hold in such high regard would or could be incompetent?
People make mistakes. Bad mistakes. The consequences can be horrific.
I think you totally misunderstood my comment. The thought that some trigger happy Iranian AA unit fired the missile out of sheer incompetence is entirely plausible. I'm simply saying that should that have happened, the Iranian authorities would have acted with much less openness. From the reporting of the accident so far, I don't see any attempt at a cover-up. In Iran ANY information that is released to the public is carefully scrutinized, and anything that would put the regime in a bad light is supressed. What I do find inconcievable is that if indeed this was a FF incident, the news of it would not have reached the highest levels even before the rest of the world was aware of anything.