PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukrainian Aircraft down in Iran
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2020, 16:46
EDML

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SASless
EDML,

Pretty quick thinking on someone's part to publish that photo of the Seeker Head.....was it taken into evidence by the Iranian authorities....the Seeker Head and photos....and a Statement by the finder himself?

If not....what investigation was done to confirm/deny the validity of the "claim" made by the poster of the photo?

Either it is genuine or it is not.....which is it and how is the truth of the matter documented?

Can we trust what is being put forward regarding the Seeker Head by the Iranian Government?
We can't trust either side.

However, if I would have found a missile part near a crashed aircraft I would have done more to document what it is and where it was found. E.g. a picture showing the wider surroundings so that the location can be verified. Turning it over to the authorities might be a problem in Iran, I agree on that.

I have seen so many pictures after aircraft accidents posted on social media where, after a short period of time, it was determined, that they did not even show the aircraft that had crashed.

Without any kind of proof or further information I tend to be very skeptical with pictures found on social media sites.