PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Britannia 737 Job Advert in Flight International - Details?
Old 14th Nov 2003, 16:00
chinchaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dogma,

I would say that you are nearer to the truth with regards interest in Brit F/O's as per the NOF. the big disasdvantage to those of us in mainline is that the package is well below that we currently enjoy, plus most do not wish to 'downsize' the company chariot. the real carrot is an early command, but that still had too many strings for this Chin.

to those who are coming in though from the outside i would say that the big benefit is joining on the Brit seniority list in a strong BALPA airline. It certainly is being regarded it seems as a seperate fleet NOT a seperate airline, however there are strings attached to when one can and how, bid over to mainline.

Even if the current poilcy remains as per T/R + hrs, ( low cost therefore low training budget) remember that as we suck in from other carriers so places open up elsewhere and the merry go round keeps turning. Recently i have talked to a number of guys in other low cost carriers who are very keen to join Brit, in the short term the life style will be similar but in the long run you are in as they say!!

Best of luck and keep nibbling!!

chin.