PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - E-Exams Roadshow, one day to respond!
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2020, 16:29
TheOddOne

Location: Down at the sharp pointy end, where all the weather is made.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi MrAverage,
Yes, I got the letter today, thankfully someone was in the café to sign for it.

I got an e-mail before Christmas and made a booking for Weston-Super-Mare before the New Year. So far, I've not heard back as to whether or not it's been accepted. All I can do is turn up and hope I'm 'on the list'. There's an impressive amount of stuff to get through in the 3 hours allotted. I don't think we're going to get much of a 'go' on the system.

There's not a clue as far as I can tell about the fate of GR examiners or indeed how e-exams are going to work. Professional exams have been done at centres using computers for some time now. I hope we can continue to invigilate them locally but I fear the cost will go up. I'm assuming the CAA will charge a fee for logging in and the invigilator/examiner will be wanting something for their time. I'm also assuming the CAA will continue to charge a significant sum for someone to be a GR examiner. So many assumptions, no facts so far.

I'm also assuming nothing will happen to the ROCC exam and examiners. That's run by a completely different department in the CAA.

Although it's been talked about for a while, this all seems very rushed with little or no time for us to prepare locally. I've loads of questions such as what happens to paper exams already taken, how do we show exam passes on application forms, will the questions be the same as now, will the number of exams lessen (PLEASE!). Will there be a databank of questions available? What happens to the IMC/IR(R) exam?

Anyone any idea about how we're going to renew our RT examiner rating? That all seems to have gone quiet...

TOO