PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2020, 20:36
Paddleboat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CamelSquadron
Correct. Union has failed. Company has failed. Everyone loses from PIA.
You sure about that?

Do you think the pilots who engaged in PIA at Tiger and secured a 16% pay rise lost from PIA?

Do you think the pilots from Cobham who secured a significant pay rise following PIA are losers too?

Should I go on?

One party has set expectations at a level that cannot be achieved. But both parties are losers from PIA.
Cuts both ways. The company by your definition has also set expectations at a level that cannot be achieved. See how easy that was to assert? Its a nothing argument.

Your not the bottom of the pay table at all. Your highly paid professionals near the top of the PAYG pay table - roughly in the top 5%-10% of PAYG earners. This is why you will get little sympathy from Joe Public.
What a puerile argument. To say that we should be compared against 'the average Australian wage' is insulting. Any professional looks to their peers when bench-marking their own remuneration and at JQ, the results of that review speak for themselves. 15% less than the next lowest paid, yet we work harder and are more productive than every single other narrowbody pilot operation in the country.

But hows your job security looking if the forward bookings do decline? Is that a good thing for your job security and that of your fellow JQ employees?
More FUD. JQ remains short of crew, and even now, is actively recruiting and conducting interviews to hire more pilots. We cut operations by a full 10% in January (despite no PIA), and call outs for WDO's are still flooding in. Paying your pilots market rate is going to have absolutely no effect on the viability of the business, and has been independently costed at a less than a dollar a ticket.

I am not QF management
Chuckle.

I am just expressing a different opinion to yours that you dont like so you are trying to shout me down. Anyone who has a contrary opinion on this topic is just shouted down.
Woe is me. I think what you're doing here, and have been doing the entire time your account has been active on this site, is clear to everyone involved. Thanks for playing.

edit : And for the love of god, Your != You're.