PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Throttle question(s)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2000, 01:42
jtr

We leave them in the FLX detent on both the 330 and 340. The difference between leaving them, and pushing them up results in a big performance diff if it`s a high FLX. My philosophy is that the thrust is there to be used, but clearly my philosophy does not coincide with the company`s.

edit starts here...
In reference to going up to TOGA and back to FLX, there is no problem with it, it just seems stupid for us to do it when the A/C is stabilised (sort of) and one is only doing it to induce a mode change. We don`t leave them in the TOGA detent.
As for e/o procedure, same dog different leg action... We touch nothing till 400`, then secure engine, and pop bottles if needed, wait till 1500 (or whatever) push the ALT button, finish off the c/list, pull for OPEN CLB at GD, theeeen, if it was a FLX TO either push them up to TOGA and straight back to MCT (won`t get you smacked in the sim), or pull them back to CLB, then straight up to MCT (to the letter of the SOP`s, but will still get you smacked by most sim guys). If its been a high FLX temp, sticking them up to TOGA and back, even momentarily makes for an uncomfortable feeling, if it`s been a low FLX temp, then bringing them back and up gives that sinking feeling. This has been the SOP for at least 4 years on both 330 and 340. I don`t like it a lot, TOGA sound good to me, but I`m not paid to think about these types of things.

[This message has been edited by jtr (edited 01 September 2000).]

[This message has been edited by jtr (edited 01 September 2000).]