PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2020, 06:56
lucille

Received 115 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by LostontheLOC
It's quite impossible to agree with your notion, the salary increase would be insignificant to the overheads at best, again I will say, There's no such thing as a budget pilot, equal pay for equal service, and that equal service is those two/three people flying the same class aircraft as the other three main carriers.

The fairytale that pilots can jump between companies easily and effortlessly is just that, Jetstar will be the career job for a lot of these pilots and the current stance that the company is taking is unsustainable.

​"​​​​If you don't like it leave policy" is again, dated and quite impossible to defend.
I fully agree with everything except the last sentence. It is entirely defendable because it is an alternate plan. And who doesn’t agree with carrying an alternate?

This is not a question of fairness or righteousness of your stand, both of which I agree with. If JQ/QF refuse to comply with your demands, there isn’t much you can do but vote with your feet. Those who can, should be exploring options elsewhere while the pickings are rich.