PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2019, 02:50
mulisector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE

My concern is what would a protracted industrial dispute achieve?

The AFAP have already conceded that they will bargain within Qantas’ 3% wages policy and that even if we get what we want, we will still be the lowest paid airline pilots in the country.

All they seem to be arguing about at the moment is a minimum daily credit and an expansion of the high line allowance (which is an opt in system to get a dollar amount per duty hour in exchange for extra standby days).

These items aren’t personally that significant to me, but others may feel that it’s worth the fight. Back of the clocks are becoming overnights, that’s a massive issue resolved as far as I’m concerned.
ECAM,

Those items like 5hrs MDC are fairly significant because they basically allow QF board to be seen keeping its 3% but in the reality if those items are applied to standbys and all duties .... those guys/girls won’t be working 3 months for FREE when compared to Tiger Air, the 20% pay gap will close significantly.

do you genuinely think it’s fair for our Pilots to work 3 months for free compared to Tiger’s despite flying 50 extra pax around on a321’s? Not to mention no joint seniority or ability to join mid-way up the parents company seniority list as TIger/virgin receive.

Also you’ve got to know those BOCs were dangerous, I guess it’s more a thanks for fixing what should of never been....