PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots vote to strike
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2019, 22:07
JPJP

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bex88
I see no relation either to my teenage grandfather flying a mosquito during WW2 and a pilot strike at BA in 2019.
I think you’ve missed the point. Both ventures require testicular fortitude and a degree of trust in each other. Seems that it missed a generation or two in this case.

Originally Posted by Bellerophon
JPJP
I suspect you meant management were praying you would cave ( or wouldn't strike)
Thank you. That’s exactly what I meant. As to Wiggys theory - No. I don’t think that management wanted you to strike at Christmas. I think they were praying fervently that you wouldn’t.

The FUD spread intentionally by management in these situations includes the ‘boogeyman gambit’; the unseen brilliant plan in store for the pilots if they continue on the foolish path. Much like the ‘taking of hostages’ (firing, removing pay, travel privileges), it’s one of many tools in a classic playbook. Klaus is well aquatinted. And BALPA should have been both aware and educating the pilot group. Once it’s all over, jobs etc. are restored under a final agreement. Life moves on.

Or, you get next to nothing. Except a long term hole in your pilot group’s confidence, a gaping wound where the shreds of your union once lurked. Along with a management group emboldened, clinking glasses and rolling in the money that you left on the table.

Sorry - It’s sad to watch. It’s also puzzling.