PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2019, 03:04
Popgun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m no bush lawyer but I suspect they are a LONG way short of PIA termination by the FWC and an arbitrated outcome:

https://www.fwc.gov.au/industrial-ac...n/powers-the-0

The thing I’ll never quite understand is the irrational massive hit to the bottom line that this company’s management already encourages and experiences due to poorly treated, disgruntled pilots. Sure, you won’t find these costs on a pretty, multi-coloured spreadsheet, but they are there. “Fraudulent” sick leave is one that has been mentioned previously but there are many more.

For such a small amount of company coin and a few respectfully improved conditions theses costs would all but disappear. Just use smoke and mirrors to hide the increase if they need to be able to spruik compliance with their 3% employee wage policy.

While I understand management’s win at all costs approach to this struggle, it would be a case of winning the battle but not the war. The war for these rightly angry JQ crews will go on ad-infinitum whether the spreadsheet can pinpoint it or not. The company will never be able to counter the guerilla tactics of 700 armies of 1.

I wish the JQ crew all the best with this respectful stand against corporate greed and hope 2020 brings some sensible, rational behaviour that enables a positive outcome for the profit-driven shareholders, bonus-driven management, hard working, productive pilots and cost conscious punters!

PG