PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta Flight #2423 returned to LAX - medical emergency -10-year-old
Old 28th Dec 2019, 02:41
letsjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please keep in mind, while I am trying to learn and explore a theory, I in no way know or has it been determined that anaphylaxis presented....

I appreciate all the posts and Crepello your assessment aligns with my thinking,..It can present so quickly and airway / heart become the primary focus that it's easy to miss the underlying condition...I don't know what your protocol is nor what they might have in their flight kit, but ringers, Benadryl, Methylprednisolone, Epi, I think would go a long way to giving someone a fighting chance. Also might just curb that cardiac event. - Question - How do you determine allergic reaction as obvious signs of welts / redness might not present?

To answer your question about Epi on aircraft, I know it's been discussed, but I don't know if it's required.

In regards to banning everything, perhaps I can shed some insight...Peanuts are unique in that not only are they the most prevalent allergen, it's also very easy to aerosolise the dust and oils. So it makes it a bit more dangerous than some other allergens that you would likely have to ingest by mistake to go into anaphylaxis.