PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2019, 04:56
Berealgetreal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jetsrar Pilots might be able to correct me if I’m wrong, but from my understanding that since the beloved “optimizer” has been introduced there the daily density of flying has reduced to the point that pilots are basically working 1-3 extra days a month to get the same flying as pre optimizer, the only people benefitting off this is the company.
Heads up for the JQ pilots. Over at the opposition a lot of effort went into log of claims to address lifestyle issues (getting worked like a dog, living out of a suitcase to mention just a few of many). It seemed to work over a couple of rosters but in the end it ended up worse than ever as levers were pulled in the background.

The company will do whatever it sees fit and no matter what you write in your eba they will win.

Guys are demoting themselves, going part time, starting businesses, looking overseas or just leaving the industry. All this is music to the company’s ears as they would rather those that are not happy just move on. You can simply replace them with a school leaver.

One needs to certainly stand up for their rights but in the end the conditions are not going to improve in the industry so you’ll need to either do as the above or manage best you can in your current role. Certainly your company is making a lot of cash so the 3% or nothing attitude I understand is wearing thin!

All the best, but rostering and company win in the end.

Last edited by Berealgetreal; 27th Dec 2019 at 05:31.