PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2019, 23:30
dragon man

Received 602 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by C441
I’m not a Jetstar pilot nor do I have a copy of the log of claims but would it be fair to say that the Jetstar pilots have agreed to a 3% pay increase but are seeking changes in conditions, primarily rostering issues?

An easing of rostering conditions to improve fatigue outcomes and manage overall lifestyle would usually result in less hours flown. Wouldn’t that then mean the Pilots, who are paid by the hour, are actually seeking an effective pay cut after the company-wide agreed 3% is applied?

Simplistic and possibly naive I know, but that is a fairly significant counter argument to the claim that the pilots are seeking a 15% pay rise.

It’s amusing too, that Jetstar pilots are offered a flat 3%, no negotiation will be tolerated whilst at Qantas you can also have the same 3% but we need to talk about a reduction in conditions across the board to ensure a couple of ultra long haul sectors are viable.

Whats really amusing about the long haul EBA is that everyone else in Qantas can have the 3% for no offsets but the offsets they want from us are to commence immediately even thou the 350 won’t arrive till 2023. I think it’s called having your cake and eating it to. I hope the Jetstar pilots are successful. Qantas management are morally bankrupt.