PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unemployed (as pilots) fATPL holders
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2019, 21:07
novemberlima

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone and Merry Christmas,
I finished my training with the MCC at the end of 2018 and it took me quite a while to get my licence issued, by the time the airlines in Europe slowed down with hiring new pilots and I missed that train, sending dozens of CVs every week without any positive response. In one year I didn't even get an interview.
I renewed my ratings and here I am looking for new prospectives and with lots of hope for the new year.
I'm asking you guys what would you do in my situation:
I was able to save a few grand working, lets say 10 and I'm thinking how to spend them the wiser possible way to be more suitable for an eventual employer and land on my first flying job.
I have 240 hours, I was thinking to go to the US and get a hundred hours done or get a Caravan training and trying to find a job with that here in Europe or go to Africa where I suppose there will be more chances for that plane (even though I know i'm very short of hours, if I do one thing I can't do the other)
An other option would be saving for one year more and being able to afford a type rating for a more popular aircraft.
I'm also thinking about charity operations, but the ones I googled have pretty high requirements. Honestly I wouldn't mind to bush fly for free for charity for a while, if I'm helping others and myself to get where I want to be.
I'm not thinking of doing the instructor course at the moment because I don't really feel it's my thing.
Hopefully things will get better soon but I don't want to stay too long out of the business looking from the window how things will evolve, I really need to do something now
Thank you very much for every suggestion guys, I really appreciate, good luck for all of those that like me are struggling to find their way into their dream.