PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots vote to strike
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2019, 20:32
Built4Speed2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bex88
4% back dated a year including all allowances and pension, 3.5% Jan 2020, 4% April 2021. 1% sign on bonus. Increase to flight pay of £1 per hour.....around £11.70 ish.

Short haul duty rig changed from 2.0 to 1.9......essentially a little less work. Not sure exactly but it could be worth a day off in a busy month.

RPI protection mechanism
Improvement to bonus scheme but that is of debate. Now 3% but can stretch to 4%, off the top of my head.

There are some gives. Disruption agreement to be bought in, rules to be negotiated with BALPA. Staff travel reinstated, pay deductions dealt with as a joint claim and not through the courts. To be resolved in first 1/4 by independent panel.

Hotels, not covered and lots of promises to make BA a better place to work. Will it lead to anything?........probably a lot of noise and propaganda without any real change.

I don’t see how continuing would have achieved much more. As professionals we have to be measured and responsible in our actions. If I were not working at BA I too would have been encouraging everyone to drag this out....after all BA’s loss would be to the benefit of my company and employment.
sound slike a lot of fluffy nonsense to me bex, to be honest. I think the rest of us aren’t salivating at the thought of mighty BA faltering, rather we were hoping you guys would live up to your “top of the tree” responsibilities and advance us as a profession. For too many years the BA brotherhood have lived in a bit of a bubble, comfortable by any standards, but by no means the level of say Air France, KLM, Lufty and co. Big fish in a small pond (UK) but a small minnow in the open ocean (Europe/ USA). Looking at your quoted settlement, if accurate, will see another decade of ratcheting down terms and conditions for all UK pilots.

I truly wish the new council the best in picking up this unholy mess and giving you guys some sort of influence on matters going forwards. Senor Cruz has just defeated a 94% mandate that led to a total shutdown for 48 hours and has spent not a penny more than before the strikes. Your new council has a lot to work to do or you will be the toothless paper tigers this dispute has seemingly demonstrated,

all the best.