PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2019, 10:41
3_Green_Lights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let’s look at this from a different angle...

I know, appreciate & understand you all work your backsides off in a “thankless” and sometimes unforgiving industry.
And how I envy the opportunity to earn a steady six-figure salary that comes with that.

Granted, the majority of you have spent an immeasurable amount of personal time and finances to get yourselves into a position to fly for airlines after the hard-yards have been put into GA and sacrifices made.

Let’s look at this from a different perspective: say, someone who has also spent considerable time, personal wealth and training to also be responsible for human life and also “works for the man”?

Sadly, I see an incredible amount of self-entitlement on here. There are those of us who do it not for the money & not for the glory. If you are so hell-bent on earning such a decent wage then perhaps consider working for another employer, becoming part of the management team (of which there seems to be a common uprising against) and put your own sanity, likelihood and even personal liability on the line too.

We’re all one fvck-up away from humility.

I completely agree with pay-parity in the industry and in a perfect world this would reign true. Unfortunately we don’t live in that world. But to come here and argue your points whilst forgetting the real reason you decided to become pilots in the first place seems - to me at least - like you have forgotten that at the end of the day if it weren’t for these “evil” corporations, you’d likely be doing bank-runs in a 310 earning scraps.

As for fatigue... try doing 10-12 hour shifts, being on call for 21 days straight for 24 hours a day whilst being responsible for human lives in extremely challenging and dynamic situations and you might find that at the end of the day your profession isn’t so demanding after all.

We all choose our paths in life and this is not about being self-righteous in the slightest. This is about putting things in perspective.

Our working lives are 99% boredom and 1% scared-sh1tless panic. But don’t claim you’re “hard done by”. I’m not. I chose my path as did you.