PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots vote to strike
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2019, 09:30
bex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4% back dated a year including all allowances and pension, 3.5% Jan 2020, 4% April 2021. 1% sign on bonus. Increase to flight pay of £1 per hour.....around £11.70 ish.

Short haul duty rig changed from 2.0 to 1.9......essentially a little less work. Not sure exactly but it could be worth a day off in a busy month.

RPI protection mechanism
Improvement to bonus scheme but that is of debate. Now 3% but can stretch to 4%, off the top of my head.

There are some gives. Disruption agreement to be bought in, rules to be negotiated with BALPA. Staff travel reinstated, pay deductions dealt with as a joint claim and not through the courts. To be resolved in first 1/4 by independent panel.

Hotels, not covered and lots of promises to make BA a better place to work. Will it lead to anything?........probably a lot of noise and propaganda without any real change.

I don’t see how continuing would have achieved much more. As professionals we have to be measured and responsible in our actions. If I were not working at BA I too would have been encouraging everyone to drag this out....after all BA’s loss would be to the benefit of my company and employment.