PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The irony of the 2019 13th month
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2019, 14:15
Paul852

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ask this purely for information (maybe I've been here too long):

Which country do you assert has a better free healthcare system than the free healthcare system in Hong Kong?

Which country do you assert has a better free education system than the (English-language) public schools in Hong Kong? (It's not compulsory to pay for private education here any more than it is in the UK.)

Of course I can't dispute the fact that supermarket food is far, far cheaper in, say, the UK. Although, having said that, 50% of employed HK people earn less than about HK$15,000/month and I don't recall anyone dying of malnutrition in HK in recent times (and HK has a higher life expectancy than the UK), so it must be possible to eat well cheaply.

I produced plenty of data previously to show that HK was no more polluted than London on average. But the big difference is that if you are based in London you can live 100 miles away in a much less polluted environment. That isn't possible in HK.

And where in the world will you get a skivvy to clean up after you, take the kids to school, and cook your meals for HK$5000/month all in?

Last edited by Paul852; 23rd Dec 2019 at 16:41.