PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is CX still a good choice for new pilot?
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2019, 13:10
CanadaGooseJacket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bm330
Can't fix stupid.

Cathay has cast it's existence on foolish kids who don't do their homework. Mr Cooked Goose will be just another in a long line of wanabees who sit and moan about the old guys who did nothing to protect new joiners. Can't wait for the endless bitching about how the recruiters sold them on a crap deal.
Crap deal? How about in Canada where some of the airlines expect you to load cargo for 1-2 years for minimum wage before giving you a shot at the right seat? Then when you become an FO the pay is even worse.
What about spending another 15,000 on an instructor's rating to make CAD15,000-20,000 a year? And have to have a second job and work 7 days a week just to pay your rent.
What about making it through the above to finally end up at a regional that ends up paying you CAD 36,000 a year, which is only 15% higher than the legal minimum wage?!!

Crap deal? SO salary is a dream, even if it was 30% less, it would be better than anything I could possibly imagine.
House prices in HKG? Who cares, I'm never going to own a home in Canada either, I can barely pay my rent. If I can even just save a thousand dollars a month my life would be so much better than it is now.