PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Re-validating expired ATPL Theory exams
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2019, 17:01
Flyingdog84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chris2205
Hi everyone,

I did my ATPL theory exams with Bristol ground school over 10 years ago (Highly recommend them by the way). I passed them all really well (94% average) and then went on to do an FAA CPL/IR then converted at Airways in Exeter to JAA.

I guess it's obvious that flying didn't work out for me, but it's a long story and I'm not here to bore you.

The question I have is regarding the ground exams, I realise that they have long expired and was hoping that somebody could let me know the best way of re-validating them?

Thank you for any information you can give!!
so... really sad to tell you this (happened to me) that is more simple to understand in this rude way.
first case: you have 36 month for make enter an IR rating in your licence (conversion from your FAA), otherwise ATPL lost, need do all again.
second case: from your last IR proficiency check (annual if ME or biannual if SE) or the previously conversion check, if pass more than 7 years, ATPL goodbye, need do again.
Practical every time you do the check for be current on IR start the countdown of the 7 years....