PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safety is everyone's responsibility - de-icing
Old 18th Dec 2019, 21:55
OvertHawk

Received 121 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by LookingForAJob
First, if they can’t see the reports and results how can they know that they can have confidence? Second, it’s confidential. No-one outside CHIRP or involved in the event is identified - CHIRP is very good at de-identification. So what does it matter to reporter? Third, what happened to all the good work about transparency, encouraging reporting and just culture stuff that has developed over the last 25 years or so - has it passed you by completely?
It has far from passed me by. I recognise and appreciate it for what it is, what it achieves and what it can further achieve and participate in it fully.

I simply don't see how allowing the gutter press to publish it out of context with their sensationalist nonsense in order to sell newspapers either contributes to "transparency" and understanding by the travelling public or encourages people to report? But then what do i know - you've clearly got a much better understanding of this than me.

OH