PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is VLS kind of speed can't be violated in A320 family ?
Old 17th Dec 2019, 07:54
LegiossTypeH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vilas
There is Vapp and Vls, sometimes Vapp can be Vls. Permitted +10/-5 is to Vapp. Flying +15 can be called sloppy flying but below Vls is unsafe flying. Depending on some factors flying below Vls can trigger alpha protection, alpha floor etc. so unlikely to be forgiven. Except takeoff flying the FD will ensure everything if not available then fly the pitch.
I am about 50AAL with manual flight and autothrust engaged, a plane cross hold-short line into runway seen by pilot not fly, then I initiate go around immediate by push to TOGA thrust (One Engine Only).
The FD command to pull up rapidly and I follow it, so speed drop a lot from 140kts to 132kts. I found it and pitch down, then the sim been frozen, and I am declared to fail the check due to below VLS, means I break the speed limit.

After go around, the managed speed target is 140kts=Vapp when go around initiated.
I check the manual, the VLS in CONF FULL with my weight is 136kts, after go around with flap one step up, the VLS is 138kts, same as what I see when the sim been frozen.
According FCOM limitation speed, VMCL=122kts, VCMA in CONF 3 is 130kts/ CONF FULL is 131kts.
I fought with the Check Airman so I know there are not any "go around low speed limit" description in my company's documents, none at all,
What he told to me is: "VLS is a lowest speed in any circumstances".
My company's target speed tolerance is plus and minus 10kts, not 5kts,
and the reason to fail me is NOT "Unsafe", "Danger to the plane" or something like that.
It is I VIOLATE THE SPEED LIMITATION. <- My question !