PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is VLS kind of speed can't be violated in A320 family ?
Old 16th Dec 2019, 11:08
sonicbum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LegiossTypeH
Hello all,

Here is the scenario in my check:
I get a ENG failed and shut down then shoot the approach. When close to to runway (below DA), I initiate go around due to some reason, Vapp=140kts, VLS=136kts,
after TOGA thrust and flaps one step up, the VLS=138kts, managed speed target= 140kts (same as Vapp), but my current speed drop to 132kts due to pitch up . Then he fails me because my speed below VLS.

My question is: Except stable approach criteria (company by company), is the VLS kind of speed cannot be violated ?
I don't find any description in FCOM about go around low speed limit, either in other phase like climb phase(I mean after acceleration altitude.), descent phase.
Yes above VLS is always safe side I know, and it is a threshold to activate Airbus's protections,
but, Airbus never say the VLS is a speed pilot's can't violate, doesn't it ?

Does anybody have documents about that ?
Hi,
In landing configurations (CONF 3 and FULL) VLS is always equal to, or greater than, VMCL. (FCOM)
Hence flying below VLS could bring You below VMCL, ie. being unable to control the aircraft with asymmetric thrust.
It is a typical occurrence during LCP/OPCs as everybody tries to aim directly for the 12,5 degrees with a fast rotation rate and at medium/high weight it results in the speed dropping below vls. Rotate smoothly towards a 10 degrees pitch attitude and let your speed stabilize, then continue slightly up to 12.5 and from there follow the SRS.