PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G-LAWX S92 Incident AAIB
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2019, 16:04
JulieAndrews

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
TOH
Not sure if I know anything more than anyone else in the UK Onshore Industry whom uses Pprune, waiting to see..........
Also - waiting to see how this incident fits within the scope of CAA’s recent report of the industry and it’s safety levels.
I’ve attended various seminars, briefings and functions where a lot of back slapping goes on but the old spectre of commercial pressure remains. Couple that with the helicopter pilots’ natural eagerness to ‘push on’ and we get the repeat headlines - irregardless of how many CAA Industry Reports are published.
Personally, I will be disappointed if it turns out to be another case of a crew thinking they did not require a dynamic risk assessment and ‘pushed on’, leading to an incident, further CAA restrictions and bad press for the industry.

Maybe if you hear more details you can share them with us in a timely manner, rather than having to wait for the investigation report etc etc - which is the whole purpose of the thread; which, to be frank, I thought was fairly obvious?
From what I have learnt since starting the thread is that there are various accounts of the information you have shared already.

Last edited by JulieAndrews; 15th Dec 2019 at 16:22.