PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Post-grad moves: would love thoughts!
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2019, 14:39
JRK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chrille09
Hey everyone,

2. It seems no matter which airline I read about on this forum, there's more negatives than positives being expressed. Naturally that goes with the territory on forums because when you're happy/content, you rarely spend time on a forum talking "venting" happiness. With that being said... what are your opinions on the best airlines to fly for in the world at present day? I've read nice things about Delta, Air Canada, Ryanair quite mixed opinions - seems to be great to get in and build hours and more about what you use the opportunity start for.
My advise to you is - don't look for that "best" airline to work for. Like any other company in any other industry - they don't exist. Some ops are worse than others, few are plain terrible. And things always look glamorous from the outside, until you get in... So, you have to be aware of that and have your filters on, build some thick skin and be ready to push back when required. Ditch the attitude that companies ever care about your health, wellbeing or happiness. That is all HR/PR bull**** for the promo posters and websites. This is the adult world, where people try to leverage each other to make money. Thats how it works. If you go in knowing that and knowing why you are doing it (presumably because your desire to fly a jet is above all else), you'll be fine. And then, miraculously, one day you'll find yourself working for "the best airline in the world"...