PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question about a Zero Flight Time Type Rating
Old 14th Dec 2019, 20:32
wire12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about a Zero Flight Time Type Rating

Hi Guys

I have a question and would like to ask if anyone knows the answer. I fly the ATR 72-500 and I would like to self fund a Type Rating on a B737.

I want to find out if I qualify for a Zero Flight Time Type Rating (ZFTT) so I do not need the additional cost of the base training, (the 6 circuits in the actual aircraft).

I was speaking with the company who will provide the training but they said I do not meet the requirements for a ZFTT as I would need flight hours on a jet but I looked up a document from EASA which I copied below. According to this document I do meet the requirements as I have 3000 hours on ATR.

Can anyone clarify this I would be grateful.

Also at the end of the documents it states if changing from a Turbo Prop to a jet and vice versa additional simulator training shall be required.Does anyone have any idea how much extra simulator training is needed?

Thanks very much

FCL.730.A Specific requirements for pilots undertaking a zero flight time type rating (ZFTT) course — aeroplanes (a) A pilot undertaking instruction at a ZFTT course shall have completed, on a multi-pilot turbo-jet aeroplane certificated to the standards of CS-25 or equivalent airworthiness code or on a multi-pilot turbo-prop aeroplane having a maximum certificated take-off mass of not less than 10 tonnes or a certificated passenger seating configuration of more than 19 passengers,

at least: (1) if an FFS qualified to level CG, C or interim C is used during the course, 1 500 hours flight time or 250 route sectors;

(2) if an FFS qualified to level DG or D is used during the course, 500 hours flight time or 100 route sectors. (b) When a pilot is changing from a turbo-prop to a turbo-jet aeroplane or from a turbo-jet to a turboprop aeroplane, additional simulator training shall be required.