PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is CX still a good choice for new pilot?
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2019, 06:13
Oddball77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Caelius.P
Greetings!
I just saw there is a Second Officer direct entry program in CX website. I took my FAA Commercial Piot License with Instrument Rating(With 500hrs only) in the United State when I was in university there. I'm now a post-graduate student in HKUST, and I want to work as a pilot instead of a geek wallow in data anaysis.
I've read some topics here in pprune that lots of pilot in CX were discontented because of COS18.To be honest, the salary (530000 as SO,900000? as FO) sounds OK for me, because in Mainland China local FO only got 25k-30k a month, CAPT operates narrow-body domestic flight only got 50k-70k. I prefer SQ but I don't have ICAO rating/ATPL/type rating for any aircraft. Is CX good for a new pilot or CX is my only choice?
900K per annum as FO 'if' you fly the required hours. Question is how will you feel sitting next to someone who owns two houses in HK and one back in Oz or UK doing the same job as you’re doing but the only difference is he/she joined the company ten years earlier than you did. If it's ok for you, then join.

Last edited by Oddball77; 14th Dec 2019 at 06:48.