PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sim recurrent training : In uniform or not ?
Old 13th Dec 2019, 12:00
AirUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PAJ
easyJet introduced uniform for all sim events from 1st Oct 19 - professional standards was quoted as the reason as we started using our 3 new sim centres. In reality, think management had got quite frustrated that the attire some were deeming acceptable. T-shirts, ripped jeans, dirty trainers...had everyone worn smart jeans or chinos and a collared shirt, I doubt this change would have manifested itself. Instructors also now all in uniform too. Would be nice not to be in uniform but there are bigger fights to be had at present I think was the general consensus.
With the state I observe most Easyjet pilots in walking around the terminals, you’d think they think they’re always wearing their civvies anyway! (No hat, sweater instead of a jacket and a backpack slung over their shoulders... how does that convey “professional”?!).

Joking aside, I personally like to feel comfortable in the sim and thankfully our airline’s common-sense approach to this is to allow smart-casual dress for all sim sessions and training courses (we know how to act professionally even when not in uniform)! Also, I’m a grown-up and I can afford to buy/pick my outfit out from my wardrobe myself - in addition I’m also capable of using a washing machine!

It’s never seemed to affect my (or my many colleague’s) performances in the sim and I’m proud of the high standard I (and as a large airline, we) usually achieve. The day I have to blame a pilot error on the fact I’m not wearing my uniform, I think I’ll have to start looking at other careers!

I’ve enjoyed reading this thread. Merry Christmas everyone.