PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICE ON WINGS
Thread: ICE ON WINGS
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2019, 13:48
Checkmate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly thank you all for keeping it civil. Obviously I know which carrier it was, but it won't ever be mentioned here, as I have taken it up with senior management at the airline and I will contact the associated authority in due course if I don't get a suitable reply.

My intention is not to cause anyone any harm, but to throw my pebble into the pond and get everyone thinking about ice and cold weather ops in the N hemisphere this time of year.

And if you really want to know what I did:

I mentioned it to the cabin crew who contacted the flight deck, who said the wing is clear and they will tow back on to the stand shutdown and let me off if that is what I want, and that is what I did. I decided that if I would not take that contaminated wing myself as Capt, I would not fly as a passenger. As I left the aircraft the FO came to the flight deck door and I explained politely why I was not happy to fly with them.

To the best of my knowledge the aircraft was never deiced, not one member of the crew ever took a look at the wing, and the aircraft departed as seen, and arrived at its destination just a few mins behind schedule.

Oh and just in case, I am in my 60's with +30,000hr having flown in The Air Force, and commercially for 40y (Check Airman/TRE B747/777/787) and currently fly the B787, but in this case does it really matter? What would YOU have done as a member of the crew or pax?

That is the end of it on this forum from me.

I hope you all fly safe, and if I have made just one aviator take a second look at their cold weather ops procedures, I have achieved my aim.

Thanks