PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is CX still a good choice for new pilot?
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2019, 09:14
ksksyujk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Caelius.P
I really need help for my decision. I am a hobby flyer. I love aviation since young,flying RC models,PC simulators,and tiny C172/DA42 for fun.But I never go inside the airline industry as a professional pilots before.
From the ADs of CX,the job seems quite good,but I would not totally believe ADs because I'm not 3 years old now. But every job/company have two sides. As you know it is very hard to hunt a proper job in this chaos city this year as a fresh graduate. I got some other choices work as white collar in office taking 20-25k at the first beginning. I may be far more competitive as a data analyser because my academic background, and don't have competitive as a pilot because no experience and ratings.
I enjoy the Work Hard Play Hard lifestyle. Lots of OTs as a white collar work in Central is doomsday for me. So... Does CX give the promise base annual salary? No meetings/trainings in day-off or between duty?
Hey Caelius, the package from CX COS18 is still great and it is still the best you can realistically get these days. Where else can you find an airline job who would provide full type training for people with no or very low hours. Yes you have to repay 50% of the training cost for 3 years after you join but even with that, the package is still way better than most of the graduate jobs in HK (Gov't AO is on pay scale 27 which is about the same as a starting SO) Do you really want to be a flying instructor, cropdusting or skydiving pilots with a pitful salary in some outback town you can't even pronounce?

It is a fact that pilot package is not going get any better and keep looking back to how great A/B scale was isn't going to make you any happier. So if flying is what you love to do then study well for your interview and start your career sooner rather than later. Don't worry about all those "you have no experience/ can't do an IGS 13/ ICAO 3/ scarping the barrel" type comments you will no doubt find here or on the line, keep working and studying hard; see you on the line soon.