PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is CX still a good choice for new pilot?
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2019, 00:29
Slasher1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya know, I kinda enjoy going to a car dealer and shopping around; especially if I don't particularly need a new car.

Invariably, at some point a salesman will attempt to place me in something well beyond what I would need or even want and then attempt to sell me on how I might be able to afford it. I always like saying "well, if I really wanted to I could probably leverage enough capital to buy this dealership--but for me that'd be pretty dumb and is something I don't want to do despite the fact it seems like a nice place and you seem like a nice enough guy."

Likewise, there is a continuous stream of 'borrow money from me' credit card (at some teaser introductory rate followed by something stupid like 21%) averts in the mail. Or take out some type of mortgage equity loan (at again a higher interest rate than a thinking man would pay).

In fact, teaser rates and rationalization almost made the world economy collapse in 2008 (and did wind up significantly devaluing some currencies over a span of a few years).

Bottom line is you can talk yourself into doing some really stupid things if you have powerful rationalization skills. But given the copious information on conditions here there is not a soul who will have any sympathy for your self made plight. Best o' luck !