PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Made Answer For Its Methods (Merged)
Old 13th Nov 2003, 03:46
crundale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Earl,
Oh dear. How right you are. Last time i chose to work abroad i did indeed get home an average of once every 3 months, and that was at my own expense not paid for by the company. And no i didnt get paid in the end and I am still owed about 7 months salary. But i stayed on because i believed in the company. Had i had a rational thought in my head i would have come home earlier of course.
And being but a humble oik from Ops meant the salary i never received was about 1/4 of that of the Captains. They were paid in full each month (at 5% tax thru Liechtenstein - all illegally) while i was shafted (at 50% tax). And they all left before me.
And when i left there i had to leave my home and partner.
So, yes i know how you feel, maybe more so. Yes it was all my fault, and yes i could have stayed in the UK on a much smaller salary. But i dont blame anyone else except myself. Wasn;t any airlines fault, they never chained me to a desk.
It was great fun though, and i'd do it again.
You shouldnt be so bitter, just admit you make sacrifices for the money. Ask yourself though is it worth it? People at McDs still manage to raise kids, just without the big house, flash car etc.
And be nice to your crew schedulers, you never know when you may need them
Have a happy xmas and i hope u get home soon