PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2019, 20:29
ANCDU

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
I’ve got to agree with Vjet, there is huge support for Jetstar Pilots, remember in 2011 we were going through the same thing and it wasn’t a pleasant time.

Qantas pilots gain nothing by Jetstar Pilots not getting any improvements in terms and conditions, the better Jetstar do the easier it is for Mainline Pilots to get an improvement or even just retain conditions. I’m no fan of AIPA, but I think the idea of them trying to derail any action by Jetstar Pilots for the benefit of Joyce and co to be laughable. There is no love for his management style I can assure you.

The FWA website is notoriously short on detail regarding PIA, you have to delve into the act to get the details, and to be honest as a pilot I wouldn’t be trusting a website over advice from lawyers from a union. I’m not saying either union is correct, but if it was me I’d want to see some kind of proof from both unions before I put my career on the line.

Best of luck with the week, and remember, by turning this into a union vs union battle, instead of an employee vs company battle, you are playing right into managements hands.