PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi Student Shooting at NAS Pensacola
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2019, 17:54
Lonewolf_50

Received 405 Likes on 251 Posts
Originally Posted by peter we
Paki means 'Pure', as a Pakistani man explained to me, its not a insult or offensive.
Will file that in the "things I learned today" folder. Thanks.
Capt. Timothy Kinsella, the Pensacola base commander, said there were about 200 foreign nationals currently training at the base.
Not a surprise, as I noted above there's been a body of international flight students on Pensacola for a long, long time.

Another bit from media - served with least a grain, or even a pinch, of salt.
https://www.military.com/daily-news/...vy-a_191211.nl
Although terrorism has not been officially established as a motive for the shootings, the SITE Intelligence Group, which monitors jihadist postings and activity, cited a Twitter account with a name matching Alshamrani's that included anti-American diatribes.
"I'm not against you for just being American," the posts said, according to SITE. "I don't hate you because your freedoms, I hate you because every day you supporting, funding and committing crimes not only against Muslims but also humanity."
How someone links that posting to a particular individual, reliably, I'll leave to cyber sleuths.
Parroting the complaints of garden-variety useful idiots; shows no original thought, and borders one being a meme.