PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPPL (M) License route?
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2019, 17:52
StalledHaggis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NPPL (M) License route?

Hi folks,

Well I turned 50 this year and in the new year (2020) I intend to start training for my NPPL (M). For me it's the easiest/quickest/cheapest way into the kind of flying I think I might most enjoy; low key fun. I'll go for fix wing microlight probably at Perth as I live in Edinburgh.

At Perth the fix wing NPPL (M) training is in the Eurostar SL or the EV97 Eurostar. Amazing microlights I'm sure. However, after I gain my license I'm not sure I'll fly microlights of this calibre as I don't really want to join a syndicate and I can't afford to buy anything in this league by myself.

Is there any merit in having say 15 lessons or so in the Eurostar SL or the EV97 Eurostar then having the remaining required lessons (probably another 30 in my case!) in a microlight I have bought (assuming the trainers are ok with this)? This might make sense as It would mean I would have x amount of lessons in the microlight I intend to fly for the next x years. I'm assuming this would decrease the costs of lessons?

Incidently I think 10k is the highest I could go for micro. Any suggestions? I would like very forgiving and robust machine!

Any and all thoughts welcome.