PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2019, 12:02
DirectAnywhere

Received 164 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by LostontheLOC
I can't imagine anyone will want to be apart of AIPA anymore, it seems like they have sold out. maybe a bit of "if you scratch my back, I will scratch yours" coming up to the next couple of EA's being brought to the table?
I don’t have a dog in this race. I’d suggest AIPA legal has certain advice from their lawyers. AFAP has certain advice from theirs.

Legal ‘opinion’ is just that and it isn’t worth a pinch of s$&t if it goes to court. The court will decide. Is there precedent to support either side’s position?

Do you want to be the test case in court that proves AIPA’s advice was correct? The fines if you’re wrong are significant. $12.6k personally per instance if I recall. You could be up for 25k for this weekend if you’re not protected.

Both sets of lawyers seem to agree if you were an AFAP member at the time of the ballot you’re protected. I assume the vast bulk of Jetstar pilots were AFAP members at the time of the ballot. If you’ve joined since is it worth the risk? Will your colleagues have sufficient numbers to get your point across? Just something to consider. Talk to your union and make sure their position is crystal clear and they will cover you against legal action and fines if it so transpires.

All the best for your PIA on the weekend and I hope management gets your message loud and clear. It’s time and I know the overwhelming majority of QF pilots hope for a good outcome for you.

Last edited by DirectAnywhere; 11th Dec 2019 at 12:20.