PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sim recurrent training : In uniform or not ?
Old 11th Dec 2019, 08:03
ACMS

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Klimax
In Cathay Pacific (aka Cathay Pathetic Airways) uniforms for simulators was required - but then again what would you expect from a draconian outfit. I thought this was more of a Pommy thing - itīs hard to believe the Frenchies are going to implement such a concept in their training. To make it more realistic is mentioned a few times. Itīs a simulator - itīs not an airplane - wearing a clown outfit wonīt change that fact. Itīs a training tool. Youīre there for training and hopefully to learn something new or be reminded of something you forgot. Line checking is where you where your uniform, check the notams, call the weather man, ask for your tea and biscuits etc..
WHAT? In Cx I’ve never worn a Uniform to a Sim in my entire life. Sometimes I wear company pants but that’s it......The only time Cx Pilots are required to wear uniform is on a Command LOFT exercises.....and that’s only in the last 10 years.....

I don’t care what I’m wearing, I still know I’m in the Sim and if I’d need 4 stripes on my shoulder to fly a Jet then heaven help us.....

What a crock of s***