PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Windows 10 Nov Update Wipes Out Printers
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2019, 02:57
India Four Two

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
WB627, don’t listen to Cornish Jack.

I’ve been using Macs for personal computing since the 90s. At the same time I’ve used Unix/Linux boxes and Windows PCs at work, so I have extensive experience in all three environments. On the Windows front, I started with Windows 3.1 and moved through the various versions until I stopped at Windows 7, with a diversion to the diabolically bad Vista.

I’m lucky in that because I use a Mac, my occasional need to use a Windows program is covered by running W7 on a Parallels emulator, without connecting to the Internet.

With regards to Macs, I would like to point out what I’ve noticed over the years. When I first started traveling with a Mac laptop in the late 90s, I was very much in the minority. Windows laptops were everywhere. Nowadays the tables have turned. Everywhere I go these days, MacBooks are the majority of laptops that I see, in spite of the fact that they are significantly more expensive than a Windows laptop. There is a message there.

Find a friend or colleague who has one and have a good look! If you don’t have any friends, send me a PM!