PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NSW burns but where is the 737?
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2019, 20:39
Wunwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So we are being told that there are more larger fire fighting aircraft available from Canada and USA, but we don't need them?
Judging from the aircraft mentioned in the above post,we are talking about offers from Airspray and Conair who have successfully worked in Australia over many years.

All this when a senior NSW Govt Minister admits that they had been warned about the problems we now have and our woefully under resourced RFS/NPWF and NSWF&R are totally overwhelmed by the current workload.Government seems to have no short term solution to handle a predominately volunteer fire fighting force who on top of fighting fires has to still carry our their day jobs to put food on the table.

Compare this to CAL Fire who have 13 pre prepared airbases, 23 S2Ts and 14 Broncos that they own and numerous other aircraft on hire. We let our fleet of Trackers rot away in Sale until they were scrapped 20 years later.

Cal Fire also have just obtained 7 x C130s for conversion. What did we do with our C130Hs? We gave them away to the Indonesians.
We also sold off our Orions which also seem to make a pretty good fire fighting aircraft.

I suppose that we deserve the Government that we have who seem to know the cost of everything but the value of nothing , but I'm not sure that my grandchildren did anything to deserve this ?

Wunwing