PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I need some advice.
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2019, 08:15
Simon3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honest advice

I have around 12000 hours as a flight instructor, through all phases of training up to MECIR and also hold examiners ratings to the same levels. My best advice is to look into yourself. Next, be aware that the manipulation of controls, navigation , and understanding the airways system is just essential basics. Don’t believe these things make an airline captain or even a competent pilot. Your attitude to safety, systems and personnel management, manufacturer operating instructions combined with regulators and company procedures, are what makes up the type of person that will be a successful career pilot. Candidly, all this takes passion and dedication. It’s a very personal matter. Starting out is more than very hard. To push through the first 1500 hours is a challenge that close to 80% of flying school graduates don’t have the personal discipline to achieve. If you don’t like flying now, you can guarantee that you wont have to fly for much longer. You just wont make it in the industry. Face up to the challenge and accept you made a mistake. All the money in the world wont change the fact that your decision to become a pilot was not suitable for you. Life is to short to waste on chasing your errors in life. Bite the bullet, accept your error and move on with your life. I hope your next career choice will make you a happy and prosperous person. Cheers 😊