PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICE ON WINGS
Thread: ICE ON WINGS
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2019, 10:45
iggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know I am going to get a beating for saying this but here it goes anyway:

I wish I could see more respect for a decision that was made by a fellow professional pilot. This is a rumor network, granted, but the OP still knows the flight number and the airline and might try to get the crew flying that day into trouble, all because someone in the internet that is supposedly a pilot is saying - from the comfort of his/her home - that, based on a blurry picture, procedures were not followed, proper checks were not carried out, and safety was compromised.

If the passenger is truly concerned he/she should have contacted the relevant authorities upon arrival, not an internet forum.

If I had to take seriously all the comments and recommendations from passengers that I have received while operating as a pilot I would have landed in the middle of a typhoon, would have hold until below minimum fuel, would have given painkillers from the FAK to one of them without having the slightness clue of his health, and would have been doing long but soft landings regardless of the landing performance calculations.

As usual pilots are their own...