PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Windows 10 Nov Update Wipes Out Printers
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2019, 23:00
WB627

Received 48 Likes on 15 Posts
Windows 10 Nov Update Wipes Out Printers

So a few weeks ago Microsoft installed the November update for Window 10 and it took out all my printers, 2x Epson Ink Jet, 1 x HP Laser Jet & 2x Dymo Label printers. This was not the first time a windows update has done this, but on previous occasions I have been able to get them working again, uninstalling, reinstalling new drivers etc.

But not this time.

In desperation I resorted to going back to the previous version of Windows 10 and that got my printers back without having got do anything else.

Then it installed the November update again taking out my printers again, I thought I had stopped it doing that, but evidently I failed. So I uninstalled it again and I got my printers back.

Tonight it has installed it again, despite my efforts to block updates and has taken out all my printers again. I am about to hit the uninstall button and leave it running overnight, so I wake up in the morning with my printers working again.

Does anyone know how to get the printers working with the November update or how to permanently disable the November update from installing itself.

I have left Microsoft a message on the feedback hub, but I'm not sure why I bothered.