PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Captains Salary
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2019, 13:37
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by ElZilcho
Whilst I personally believe there should be some repercussions for Management spinning lies to the public (and the media for printing it), lets be honest, the public only care about themselves. Air NZ did the same thing last Christmas during the Engineering negotiations and the public bough it hook line and sinker. They could claim JQ Captains earn $150k and still the Public would side with management. Why? Because they want to go on Holiday and wages have gotten so slow over the past 10-20 years, anyone earning above the "average" is a rich fat cat.

This is especially the case with JQ given their core customer base. As Recidivist above pointed out, many companies (and individuals) have a no JQ policy.

Public perception for some time now is that we're all over paid bus drivers and it would take a considerable media campaign to change that... perhaps a 2 part doco that follows a kid fresh out of School and concludes 30 years later when (IF) they finally get a WB command in their home country.
If something goes seriously wrong and they get my ass back on the ground safely, I don't care if they're paid $1M PA...