PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Captains Salary
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2019, 03:45
Recidivist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My symapthy is with pilots, especially those in QF and JQ who have the poison dwarf and his obscene salary in their faces. I have nothing against a fair wage increase - I don't earn that much but I sleep in my own bed each night and don't have a hundred people's lives relying on me every time I go to work.
But I wonder how effective industrial action will be - Jetstar don't give a damn about passengers being inconvenienced - it's their business model!
We have a "No Jetstar" policy because, if we're flying somewhere, we want to have confidence we will reach the destination, preferably on the appointed day - JQ doesn't give that confidence.
Now, in the next week we are forced to fly JQ because no other carrier is available for the destination. If the flight is delayed by PIA, do you think JQ will care? Of course not. They don't care when it's their fault - this time they will actually have someone else to blame!
I don't counsel against PIA, but I feel for the pilots - if they don't strike, they will never get anything. If they do strike, it may cause negative public sentiment and still be water off management's back.
I agree with gtseraf above that pilots need a better approach to the media. Allowing Napoleon to control the message is not a winning strategy.
Good luck.
Sympathetic SLF.