PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPAS News 2019
Thread: NPAS News 2019
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2019, 23:13
tigerfish

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NPAS has been the the greatest disaster since the flood! By 2008 UK Police Aviation was the best and most advanced in the world. Then came along the Chief of Liverpool, Hogan How, who suggested that it could be done for far less money!

NPAS was formulated,. Not to increase officiency but purely to save money! I fought hard against it saying that the only criteria should be to increase effectiveness not to save money! NPAS was theoretically correct, but only if administered regionally, NOT from West Yorkshire!

I was sacked by my employer because I had made my views clear, but they have since all been proved to be correct!

A National Police Air Service is the correct way forward, but its mantra must be efficiency AND effectiveness, using the best and most well trained staff, using the latest equipment against the common criminal. Regional delivery not National, is essential!

NPAS was never going to succeed, it was born out of a flawed concept! In aviation only the best and the right way is the way forward.

Its time to put NPAS Mk 1 out of its misery! Roll on Mk2!

TF

Last edited by tigerfish; 7th Dec 2019 at 23:24.