PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lifestyle rosters
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2019, 03:01
Bangaluru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Frank W. Abagnale
Mate, this is not about your ability to commute, it’s just another cost saving measure in typical Cathay style.

Before the introduction of CMP I used to commute on Ws at least once a month, quite often with more than the minimum 8 days off.
On the 747, a NAM pattern used to be a at least a week, which triggered 6 days off from table X and my mates tell me it used to be a one week on/one week off kind of deal on that fleet.

Then, under the promise to maximize days off, CMP was introduced and magically Ws disappeared and quite a few patterns on the 747 to NAM shrunk to 5 days, triggering only 5 days off from table X.

This obviously changed the dynamics for commuting.

The new commuting rosters will offer 10 days off or 2 x 5 days off, which will result in 12 days off (with 2 days of leave) or 2 x 6 days off (with an additional day of leave).
I would rather say that this proposal is not even as good as the situation used to be before CMP where I was able to commute at least once a month, most of the time very close to 10 days off or even longer.
On the 747 this proposal does not even exceed the minimum entitlement from table x after two 6 day patterns to NAM.

This commuting proposal barely brings back, what has been lost not so long ago. Of course at the price of giving up housing, CEA and losing precious days of leave - in other words, higher productivity for the buck.

In typical Cathay style they took away something and then hand it back at a price.

And once you sign up for it it’s at the sole discretion of the company in case you want to reverse your decision and go back on full expat benefits, wink, wink.

Agreed that this is hopelessly inadequate. All the costs borne by the pilots and not even half a month off.

Last edited by Bangaluru; 5th Dec 2019 at 03:02. Reason: Typo