PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2/FR/TUI
Thread: Jet2/FR/TUI
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2019, 16:04
ford cortina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way Jet2 operate, reminds me of Peter Bath and Palmair. It remains to be seen once Phillip Meeson hangs up his boots, what happens in the long run.
Can Jet 2 keep the high staffing costs, check in desks fully crewed so no queues, planes on standby in Spanish airports, flying aircraft with low loads in the winter months, when holidays are quiet.
Staffing over 12,000 employees when compared to Ryanair 13,000 and Easyjet 14,000 (2018 figures), passengers Jet 2, 12,180,000 to Ryanair 130,300,000, Easyjet 88,500,000, (again 2018) shows how far you are apart from the really big players are, there is much room for streamlining. One of the reasons TC went under was due debt, mainly from purchasing My Travel, Jet2 don't have this, but if they start to struggle, how long will Dart keep bailing them out, they are after all a
PLC and the Shareholders will get restless.
I do hope Jet2 succeed, it is a home grown airline, but in the long run, I am sure they will have to take a long hard look at themselves. Ryanair and Easyjet are not sitting still, you dismiss or ignore them at your peril.