PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senior Examiner (RT)
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2019, 21:48
TheOddOne

Location: Down at the sharp pointy end, where all the weather is made.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Surely its not (according to ICAO) RT or R/T, its RTF!

What hope do we have if the apparently world class regulator still gets it wrong!
Well, in this case, I think it's ICAO that needs to amend. They seem to have made the letter 'F' stand for '-phony', if you want a TLA, surely it should be RTP?

I think RT or R/T stands well for Radio Telephony, as a complementary term to and to distinguish it from W/T or Wireless Telegraphy.

I had thought vaguely of applying as I qualify for the time experience, but just short of the total number of tests. Thank goodness I don't qualify if it's going to cost me money! I hope there's going to be someone within a day's round trip to revalidate me when the time comes. I also hope it's an opportunity to tidy up some aspects of the test that I find unsatisfactory. Unlike the examiners that Whopity alludes to (not for the first time), I try to play it by the book. Without going in to details here, there are several things that just plain get in the way of getting the test done, distracting the candidate. I find myself saying half a dozen times during the test 'it's not a navigation exercise'.

TOO